This long and short competition isa handicap pairs competition, open to all members.
- Any Combo: man + man, lady + lady or man + lady.
- You could even play with your better half!?
- Same Playing Rules as The Noeleen King.
- Men, this involves long & short jacks and a 4, 3, 2, 1 scoring system.
- The Whole Event will take place in one week, 4th to 10th September 2017.
- Players must be available to play all/most of that week.
- Closing date: 31-Jul-2017
- Entry fee of €5 per person must be paid before playing.
If interested please email email@example.com or enter you names on the sheet in the clubhouse.
Pay either Peter Knight, Pat Wall or Josephine Lennon.
Two-wood Pairs competition, using the Noeleen King playing format:
Two Long Jacks, Two Short Jacks, etc, etc – Jack replaced if moved.
4 points for nearest, 3 points for second, 2 points for third, 1 point for fourth.
First team to 80 points (plus handicap).
Add team handicaps together, subtract the lower total from the higher, and then double the difference. So the team with the lower total have to reach 80 points and the team with the higher total have to reach 80 plus the difference x 2.
The end where one team reaches 80 (or 80 plus handicap) shall be the last end.
In the event of both teams reaching their target in the same end, an extra end shall be played, without handicaps, to decide the winner of the game.
ENJOY THE LONG & THE SHORT CLUB PAIRS