Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Data Controller Data Subject
Westmanstown Bowling Club is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
The data subject is the individual whose information is held by Westmanstown Bowling Club.
We might collect the following:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
We may also hold the following:
- Photographs of you
- Records of when you contacted us or we contacted you either by telephone, email or by any other means
- any disciplinary information or details of any issues you have with us or we have with you
Processing of personal data
Westmanstown Bowling Club complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
Data is processed only on the explicit consent of the data subject (you).
Use of personal data
We use your personal data for one or more of the following purposes: –
- to facilitate communication with member clubs regarding the affairs of the club
- to facilitate communication between clubs
- to facilitate communication with Officers , Honorary Members and Selectors.
- to record the delegates entitled to attend the Annual General Meeting
- to publish relevant data on the Club’s website
- to allow bowling associations to organize competitions
Sharing of personal data
- We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
- Data is deleted from our records as soon as it becomes obsolete.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Westmanstown Bowling Club holds about you;
- The right to request that the Westmanstown Bowling Club corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary Westmanstown Bowling Club to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the Clubs Data Protection Officer: Pat Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the Data Protection Commission, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, R32 AP23, Co. Laois. Email: info@dataprotectionie. Phone: LoCall 1890 252 231